Saturday 13 December 2014

Gorgone's class in London

'His arm looks a bit blue,' I say, regretting that I didn't bring any purple ink.

FredRx Barbee checks that the model is OK and says, 'Colour happens.'

To the sound of a dishwasher, I'm drawing a private class, led by Olympic-standard rigger, model and teacher Gorgone.

Listen to the rope, says Gorgone.

She feels she has more control as a model than as a rigger.

Fred Hatt shows me his hands raw from smoothing out the kinks in new ropes. It makes me think of picking oakum - unravelling tarry ropes in order to make bulky material needed for ship-building. This labour or punishment was assigned to Victorian prisoners and workhouse inmates.

Thanks to Gorgone and Miss Bones.

More pictures if you scroll down.





































No comments:

Post a Comment